Sunday

INs & OUTs

Hmmm, funny how long it's been since I last blogged. I have had a lot going on.

So good news first. I have recently found out I'm gonna be a mommy! Wow! A mommy! ......hmmm........ oh shit!

Well, it is funny ho much you think you know about life until it becomes apparent that you are going to be the teacher and roll model for someone else. It can totally flip you out. I am excited, yet scared all in one big ball of nerves.

No morning sickness yet. Just a little nauseated. I would love to be one of those lucky women that never throw up while with child! That would be fantastic!!! I'd be like Yayyyy for me!

One downer is this...because of the "Syndrome X", AKA; Insulin Resistance, I am VERY predisposed to becoming a victim of the gestational diabetes (the diabetes may stick around after the birth as well). Which in turn automatically makes me "high-risk". And therefore, basically, screws me and the wee one out of the birthing center of our choice.

I feel like I'm being told to go to jail, go directly to jail...and DO NOT collect $200.00! Ughhhghh!

Until next time people!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I am VERY happy for you! I'm glad to hear you've been feeling well, and I hope that continues. Morning sickness sounds like no fun at all. I hope D. is taking extra-special-good care of you and baby.

That Syndrome X is such a bitch, isn't it? I even hate the name. They need to come up with something else. I usually refer to it as "the gift that keeps on giving" but that's probably not good either...

spin.lizzy said...

wow, congrats!!