Wednesday

Crazy ass people!

Everyone that I have talked to in the last month asks, "Have you gotten all your christmas shopping done?". People, I do not celebrate christmas.

Now, I understand that the majority of America celebrates cmas, I do not. When I was younger and at home, I celebrated this holiday. Up until 2 years ago, I even put up a tree. Now, I assure you that my celebration had nothing to do with jesus. To me, it was all about what do I get this one, and what's that one gonna get me.

I now have decided that I do not want to continue the maddening cycle of greed. I also do not believe christ is my personal savior. Those two things together pretty much throw christmas out the window. So, I just view this time of year as a time to spend with family and friends. No gifts needed.

In closing, to all you crazy ass people out there that say to me, "Have you gotten all your shopping done?", & that are driving around the mall parking lots for two hours to find a place to park, & are stressing over if they will like it or if it will fit them, I will say this so you understand me, "Shut the fuck up already!

8 comments:

spin.lizzy said...

you need festivus ... for the rest of us. that way you can redress your grievances.

Ranting said...

I think that sounds like a good idea. Thanks Spin!

Unknown said...

You don't know about Festivus

BTW, You don't have to go XMas shopping, except for me.

:)

None said...

I'm with you Ranting. I also do not want to celebrate xmas anymore. The wife and I just want to gather with family. We're not religious in any way but some of the family still does it for the gifts (I swear!). We have tried to not buy anything for anyone but then they would come and tell us that they bought us something so you feel guilty. Once one of my Aunt's even said that we didn't want to do it cuz we're cheap! What a bag!

Ranting said...

Real-You are on the top of my list of gifts for those who have been naughty or nice. It's a win win situation for you! Besides, I think your brother did a fine job last year on your gift...don't you?

Jeremy- We always make it very clear to the extended family at thanksgiving that we will only spend money for our county toy drive and other donations we do throughout the year. We do buy gifts for about 10 people, but they are usually small gifts with a nice card.
On a side not, tell the old bag to back of!

Unknown said...

Best ever last year.

You are going to have a hard time toping that this year, but let me give you some suggestions.


Lambos
Vettes
Minis
Money (it would have to be a lot of it)

That is all I can think off, I will try again later.

Steven said...

So...

Have you gotten your Christmas shopping done yet? ;)

Steve~

Ranting said...

Real-I'll get right on that!

Steve- Please see the end of this post. Maybe the last few words!lol!