Saturday

"What day is it?"....

The last 4 to 5 days have pretty much been a blur for me. There are several reasons for this.

Apparently one should not swallow enormous amounts of highly chlorinated H2O. "Why Ranting?", you ask. Well general audience, it will not only go into your stomach but also into your lungs if you are unlucky.

Now, the way this happens is you are in 12' water, YMCA safety device is wrapped around you (this is policy for any class taught in deep water) as tight as possible, without making you loose your lunch into said water. The cursed noodle is being used. Crunches in water are being done by yourself and the rest of the class. The damn noodle is trying to wiggle it's way out from behind you. This noodle does not care if you are tired or not. You still must fight to stay on top. Do not let the noodle win. Superiority is a must!

Well, my noodle won.

As I plunged my butt towards the bottom of the pool, working my abs ever so hard, the noodle jumped out from under me, flying into the air. Now, as this happens I push back to take a deep breath of air, but all I get is water.

Thank you YMCA for making me wear that damn safety belt. It kept me from making a complete fool of myself and actually drowning.



The outcome of this is days of being sick with a respiratory infection. I had to pay $50.00 for 5 pills. FIVE PILLS PEOPLE! Now for those who are not math geniuses, that's TEN dollars per pill!!!!
Ugggghhhhh.....

Today I awaken out of my Nite Time Elixir daze.

By the way, psuedoephedra is a great thing in cold medicine. It's too bad the meth heads can't keep there hands off of it. I had some old stuff left and then had to buy some new. The old stuff was soooo much better.

I find myself sitting here by myself. The hubby is in Mississippi visiting family.

I have a party to got to tonight, but I fear I will not be in full gear to entertain people as I normally do.

6 comments:

Terrible lie said...

Wow I have never heard of anyone doing that before. That would suck and I will have to remember that. haha
In the summer the friends and I park 1 car at one end of the river and drive about 25 minutes up the river and park our other car. We then have cases of beer, a raft, and a tube. We throw the beer in the tube and ride the raft down the river.. We make what the gf's and I call diapers out of those noodles.. So you can put them on like a diaper and sit in them hahaha and you float in it.. We then float down the river and drink beer all after noon until we reach the other car... It is a blast!!! It makes for a great tan!!! And when you get out of the river you are just hammered!!! The more the friends the better!!!! hahaha The things us small town ppl do for a good time!!! Anyway...You just made me think of that and I thought I'd share..
Have a great day and feel better!

Lesley said...

This swimming mishap does NOT sound fun! I'm glad you had the safety device. I didn't like the safety device at first, but I'm glad to know it serves its purpose. For the most part.

I hope you feel better soon. And I agree about the pseudoephedra. It's such a pain that it's behind the counter now, esp. since I hardly ever shop when the Rx counter is open! The last time I had to buy it was actually when I was in the Nooga (I didn't want to get on an airplane with a stuffy head). I had to show them my license and sign my name twice. Crazy!

Oh and $50 for FIVE pills is crazy too. And of course they're all expensive so that the drug reps can bring lunch and other stuff to doctors' offices.

spin.lizzy said...

eww, eww, eww. i hope you feel better soon!

Ranting said...

Terrible Lie- Sounds like groovy fun! Thanks for sharing the great memory, especially when winter is well underway.

Lesley-I have been saying the same thing about drug reps and lunch forever! And I work in a Dr office!!! Luckily, our office does not take such bribs. Our Drs refuse to.

Spin Lizzy-I am really diggin' the new avatar!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Steven said...

Nothing like a swimming accident to brighten up your day. ;)

Steve~

None said...

Get better Ranting!